Windows 10 - How do you feel about it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey! Just was wondering what you guys felt about the release of Windows 10 if you got it.

I like it for the most part, but there are a few bugs. But of course, that's to be expected. :)

What doy you think??

David

Former Staff
-
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having some boot problems that I'm hoping they'll fix but when it starts fine it's looking good. Just have to get used to the new start menu.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Katie said:
haven't had chance to have  a look at it yet plus my windows laptop is broken. Is there a video demonstrating it?
Not sure. Maybe the Microsoft / Windows website might have something like that. But it's pretty cool. I don't much like the interface, but they brought back the Start Menu instead of a full-screen-tablet-like-shit when you press the Windows key. :p

Katie - Ste

Real Slim Klatie M.D.
Banned
Rating - 100%
808   0   0
Traid said:
Not sure. Maybe the Microsoft / Windows website might have something like that. But it's pretty cool. I don't much like the interface, but they brought back the Start Menu instead of a full-screen-tablet-like-shit when you press the Windows key. :p
I get my laptop back tomorrow anyway aha

Sam

Banned
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Reece said:
Are adverts plastered all over it? Or are these just false rumours?
That is incorrect.

I finally downloaded it on my laptop, and I personally thing the bottom bar is really ugly. However, I'm glad they brought the start menu back.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reece said:
Are adverts plastered all over it? Or are these just false rumours?
False, as far as I can see. You get the few apps by Microsoft and are asked once if you wanna upgrade or w/e. But that's about it.

Katie said:
I want it but I don't want to pay for it :(
If you have Windows 8 / 8.1, you get it for free. Otherwise, yeah. Pay. :( (Or illegally. Hahah.)

Katie - Ste

Real Slim Klatie M.D.
Banned
Rating - 100%
808   0   0
Traid said:
False, as far as I can see. You get the few apps by Microsoft and are asked once if you wanna upgrade or w/e. But that's about it.

If you have Windows 8 / 8.1, you get it for free. Otherwise, yeah. Pay. :( (Or illegally. Hahah.)
Oh I have 8.1 how do I get 10?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Katie said:
Oh I have 8.1 how do I get 10?
Do you see a little Windows logo in the bottom right of your screen, just left of all the other system tray icons? Click it and opt in. Then you'll be notified when it's available to you. They are sent out in waves. So... Just wait it out.

Katie - Ste

Real Slim Klatie M.D.
Banned
Rating - 100%
808   0   0
Traid said:
Do you see a little Windows logo in the bottom right of your screen, just left of all the other system tray icons? Click it and opt in. Then you'll be notified when it's available to you. They are sent out in waves. So... Just wait it out.
Nope but I clicked to reserve something on the site?

Sam

Banned
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Katie said:
Like I said nope.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade?&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_sitelink&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_sitelink&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_windows%2010&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_windows%2010

Katie - Ste

Real Slim Klatie M.D.
Banned
Rating - 100%
808   0   0
Sam said:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade?&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_sitelink&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_sitelink&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_windows%2010&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_GOO_MSBranded_ACTV_en-GB_windows%2010
I know, I've already done all this. It pops up when my reserved copy is ready.