1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page. Bare in mind this is not monitored 24/7. Join our discord for help with account issues/queries. Join our discord: by clicking HERE.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you like anime?

Discussion in 'Anime Central' started by The Fox, May 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. The Fox

The Fox -

Whats your reason for liking anime? Why do you watch it and use time on it when you could be doing other things? - Feel free to answer this question in any length you have, but the more you explain the better! I will start by answering the question myself of course, if you have any questions to my or someone else's reasons then just quote us and ask! (In other words, keep the conversation going.)

Why I like anime.
    First of all, I generally find it entertaining to watch anime. But I would say that my main reason to like anime and use so much of my time on it is the characters involved. I've always been interested in people, and even though a series only contain characters created by one person, then they are all different. They all share different ideals, goals and feelings. This is what I pay attention towards, their ideals, goals and general character. Aside from general interest, then anime is also an social tool for me and have given me a whole lot of great friends. It is something to discuss, something to live yourself into and have fun with.

2. Lana

Lana Forum Owner -

I'm pretty new to anime so I don't have much experience. I'll admit I used to think it was pretty dumb for some idea (idk why) but I've started to watch a few that were recommended to me and they seem pretty decent.

I guess I watch it as it's something different to watch that I haven't seen before. It's interesting to see different characters and storylines. I'll admit some animes just bore me though, although I've only watched a few so yeah!
    I've seen quite a few people who watch Anime come and go on this forum as this section was pretty inconsistent so hopefully we can get it active again!

3. The Fox

The Fox -

A majority of people tend to write anime off as something made entirely for children. (Something I can swear to God, it is not.) This is probably why you and many others view or have viewed it as dumb/childish. (Its far too common.) Glad to see that your opinion has changed, as a series is a series no matter the media it is portrayed in. Be it books, live-action, anime, cartoon or any other form. The story is there. I do agree that some animes are just plain boring though. (Such as Iwatobi Swim-club: Free!!.)

4. Princess

Princess Moderator + OMM -

ive always found anime weird.. i used to like this guy before l i found out he liked and watched anime. i vomited on the inside n stopped talking to him

5. Ross

Ross PrimeForum Owner... -

Nah I struggle seeing how people do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DubbleJord

DubbleJord -

i uses to watch and enjoy anime when i was younger but as i've grown up my interest in it has dwindled now i can't seem to retain attention to even one episode of something for longer than 5 minutes, strange

7. Lana

Lana Forum Owner -

ok i stopped watching it a week after this lol

8. DubbleJord

DubbleJord -

i want to watch attack on titan as everyone raves about it to see how i'd enjoy it but i know currently i'd get way too adhd about it and my attention would go elsewhere, one day

9. Leah

Leah k -

anime is for insecure losers

10. Michael Scofield

Michael Scofield Your friendly Neighbour: Spi4 -

well....rip lol

11. Wreath

Wreath James -

I personally don't like Anime, but my friends got me into Shokugeki No Souma and I'm a bit obsessed so.

12. Michael Scofield

Michael Scofield Your friendly Neighbour: Spi4 -

Aye, SnS is a great series.