1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page. Bare in mind this is not monitored 24/7. Join our discord for help with account issues/queries. Join our discord: by clicking HERE.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Peripherals, Overclocking' started by Sanko, Nov 26, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanko

Sanko New Member

Hey, so I want to build a PC for gaming/general web browsing/work. I was wondering what you guys thought of my part list, and if you had any recommendations. I play lots of RPG's like Skyrim and Far Cry, but I would also like to play games like Battlefield 4. If anyone has any suggestions to cut down on cost, or if I have any useless parts let me know! Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n8HzWZ

2. Aura

Aura -

Moved in the right section.

3. Sanko

Sanko New Member

Thanks, didn't realize it was in the wrong one.

4. Sanko

Sanko New Member

Any new recommendations? Do I even need that GTX 970 for gaming on a 1080p monitor?

5. Dub

Dub New Member

Looks pre good, if you can spend more you can always upgrade the SSD.

6. Sanko

Sanko New Member

Changed it to a 256 gb SSD. Since I will be playing on one 1080p monitor, do I really need to spend the money on that GTX 970?

7. Dub

Dub New Member

It's a good card, I don't know why you wouldn't. How ever you might want to do some more research.

Watch some of JayzTwocents and LinusTechQuickie on youtube, they might have some helpful information.

8. Jon

Jon -

I've got a GTX650 and it works well for general gaming. I'm not the most hardcore but my temps always stay low and I get good performance

9. Lana

Lana Forum Owner -

@"Sanko" did you decide on what you were going to do in the end?

10. Shadow

Shadow -

I bought my computer on a site called '' Komplett '' they're awesome. I've had my gaming computer for 3-4 years now, I run best graphics in every single game i've played so far (battlefield, cod, arma 3, dayz, minecraft & much more) never had any sort of lagg, and i'm very happy with my purchase.

On their site you can chose custom parts and they will build it for you, OR you can chose one of their mainstream computers (they still make them by hand) this is what i did.

11. Fanta

Fanta -

I don't know much about computers man, all I know is get a good graphics card.

12. Veng

Veng Member

the graphics card is a major overkill for 1080p gaming its pointless. And no use even buying it for 4k because its not really powerful enough to handle 4k with a decent frame rate, so i would stick to something cheaper and less powerful. Might i add though that power supply is gunna be so under powered with a 970 you will need atleast 600 watts+. I have a 290x and my minimum wattage i have to have is 650 watts.

13. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

Please don't gravedig.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.