1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page. Bare in mind this is not monitored 24/7. Join our discord for help with account issues/queries. Join our discord: by clicking HERE.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice

HDMI issue

Discussion in 'Counter Strike: Global Offensive' started by Sarah, Nov 11, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Sarah

Sarah -

Ok first off, i don't know shit about technology so stay with me here. So i wanted to use my built in speakers on my benq monitor, but the audio wasn't working when i was using a DVI? cable and google told me to use an HDMI because it transmits audio. So now i'm using an HDMI and audio works, gr8. However CSGO will take a good 30 seconds to load. I've tried loads of different games and they all load perfectly. Basically if i'm using (DVI????) it will load instantly, a decent 2-3 seconds of black screen before it comes on. When i'm using the HDMI my screen will go black for like 30 seconds until it comes on my screen. This is the same issue when i exit full screen or close the game completely. My screen goes black for like 30 seconds before it goes back to the desktop. This only happens when i'm connected via HDMI, and only happens with CSGO. All the other games load fine ;l
    help pls

2. Ross

Ross PrimeForum Owner... -

3. Shankney

Shankney Member

https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/618458030659574249/

Few solutions here maybe one of them will help? HDMI shouldn't really be causing problems really, if all fails after that maybe try a new lead? I had a problem where my computer just didn't like straight up HDMI so had to get a DVI to HDMI cable for my monitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sarah

Sarah -

None of them fixes worked :/ The only reason i started using an hdmi cable in the first place was for the audio, so i may as well jst stick with DVI & buy some cheap external speakers. But yh it loads perfectly with DVI, with hdmi i get 30-40 seconds of black screen, so its prob the cable ;l

5. Shankney

Shankney Member

Yeah that sounds like a cable or graphics card issue maybe (bought a pre made computer before and they didn't set it up properly so HDMI just never worked in the card) yet all the other methods would give me picture and sound with no delays

6. Sarah

Sarah -

Yeah its a prebuild, i wouldn't know wht i was doing if i built it myself so i jst paid extra to have them build it ;l

7. Shankney

Shankney Member

Check out JackFrag's PC build on YouTube I think it's a year old now? He'll show you where all the parts are and it's pretty easy if you did wanna double check your graphics card, but that seems a common problem with prebuilds, maybe a DVI to HDMI would solve your problems like it did me if you don't want to go through that effort

8. Sarah

Sarah -

Tht doesn't transmit audio tho, which was my only reason for switching to HDMI. May as well jst buy some speakers

9. CJacko

CJacko Member

Are you plugging the HDMi into the motherboard or your graphics card? You could be using on-board graphics with it.

you could always trying using a DVI -> HDMI adaptor.

10. Sarah

Sarah -

it doesn't work when i plug into the motherboard, it says no signal detected. So it's plugged into the graphics card
    Also the adaptor won't transmit audio, which is useless to me

11. Shankney

Shankney Member

That's weird are you going to volume settings and setting the audio source as the monitor? Speakers will save you a lot of hassle I bought great water speakers off Amazon for like £10 they're still going strong and came with an aux so I can hook phone up to it and play music they're the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk